Knights blank Jamestown 4-0
Dobson, NC – March 26, 2015.
John Faircloth, Blade Best and Caleb Gaster combined to pitch a shutout Thursday as Surry Community College defeated Jamestown Community College 4-0 in Dobson.
Faircloth got the start and earned the win, allowing five hits in five innings of work. Best gave up two hits in three innings of relief before Gaster came in to close things down in the ninth, giving up just one hit.
“All three guys did a great job on the mound today throwing a shutout and scattering eight hits,” Surry head coach Jamie Lowe said.
Cody Nipper and Ben Temple both had two hits to lead the Knights at the plate. Robbie Harrison went 1-for-3 with a walk and an RBI, while Caleb Cox was 1-for-2 with a walk and an RBI. North Surry product Payden Simmons went 1-for-1, was hit by a pitch, stole two bases and scored two runs. Colton Narron and Dylan Dessecker also had a hit each for Surry.
“We got a lot of hits from a lot of different people. We hit a lot of balls hard,” Lowe said. “Getting outside for a whole week has done us a lot of good. I think we are heading in the right direction.”
Men’s Baseball vs Ferrum College JV (DH)
Dobson, NC – 2:00 PM
Softball vs Belmont Abbey College (DH)
Belmont, NC – 1:00 PM
Softball vs Louisburg College (DH)
Dobson, NC – 12:00 PM
Men’s Baseball vs College of Faith (DH)
Dobson, NC – 1:00 PM
- Snow doesn’t stop Knights from giving back
- Surry’s Thomas earns All-American honor
- Surry softball gives back to children in need
- Surry’s Thomas named Region X Player of Year
- Surry’s Wooten, Huffman win medalist honors
- Surry golf dominates opening tournament
- Knights win four straight, lead Region X
- Surry Knights split with pair of NCAA D-III volleyball teams