Surry Knights drop two Sunday at USC-Lancaster
Surry Community College dropped both games of a doubleheader Sunday at USC-Lancaster, falling 8-2 and 4-3.
The script was very similar to Saturday with the Knights giving up eight runs in the first game and following it up with a tough one-run loss in the nightcap. Jamison Nagle continued to have a hot bat for Surry (0-4), going 2-for-2 in the opening game. Cody Nipper led SCC in the second game with a 3-for-3 performance at the plate.
The Knights trailed 3-0 in the sixth inning of Game 2 Sunday, but rallied to scored two runs and had the tying run on third base. Tanner Lomax crushed a ball that would have tied the game, but the USC-Lancaster third baseman made a great snag to end the threat, helping the Lancers hang on for the lead, and ultimately the win.
“We had the tying run on third and Tanner Lomax scorched a ball that would have tied the game up, but their third baseman made a great play that saved the game for them,” Surry head coach Jamie Lowe said. “We hit the ball hard, but it was right at someone, just hard luck. We have to start making our luck good. We were in the second game both days this weekend. We just made too many mistakes to overcome against a good team.”
Surry will be back in action Sat., Feb. 7 for a doubleheader at Spartanburg-Methodist College and another doubleheader Sun., Feb. 8 at Guilford Tech.
Softball vs Ferrum College JV (DH)
Ferrum, VA – 4:00 PM
Men's Baseball vs Lackawanna College (DH)
Dobson, NC – 12:00 PM
Softball vs Lakeland College (DH)
Dobson, NC – 1:00 PM
Men's Baseball vs Montgomery College
Dobson, NC – 1:00 PM
- Surry’s Hinson named National Player of the Week
- Home Runs for Special Olympics
- Surry’s softball team takes time to help less fortunate
- Knights place four on All-Region X team; Marion-Kiser named coach of the year
- Surry Knights Athletic Club Bingo set for Nov. 16
- Wooten, Knights capture Eagles Cup championship
- SCC Volleyball improves to 6-0 in Region X
- Lady Knights’ Volleyball Camp draws record crowd