Surry volleyball camp set for July 22-25
Surry Community College will be hosting its annual summer volleyball camp July 22-25 in the campus gym.
For four days, girls will be given instruction on the fundamentals of volleyball. The camp is directed by head coach Jan Marion-Kiser along with the Surry Knights’ volleyball team.
The cost of the camp is $50 and will include a camp t-shirt. Each camper is asked to bring a refillable water bottle and a snack each day. Campers will be learning proper technique in the areas of hitting, passing, setting, serving and blocking.
There will be two sessions. The morning session will be held from 9 a.m. to noon and will be for campers ages 6 to 11 who have no experience. The afternoon session will be for campers who are at least 12 years old and in middle school with at least one year of playing experience.
“This is a great opportunity for those who want to learn the game to come and be exposed to a great game and learn the fundamentals; along with those who already play the game to brush up on their skill set,” Marion-Kiser said. “We have a great group of young women who are excited to teach the game to our campers this summer.”
“We have returning players Chloe Ford, and Tana Frye who will be our sophomore class. They will be helping to serve as camp counselors this year and leaders on the court,” says Marion-Kiser. “Each of these young ladies helped to lead us to one of the best seasons last fall and we are looking forward to the 2019 season and this summer with all our campers.”
- Surry places nine on All-Academic team
- Surry hosting first baseball clinic in five years on March 14, 2020 - Event Cancelled
- Surry FCA spreads holiday cheer to Northern Regional Hospital residents
- Surry hires Gilley as new volleyball coach
- Surry Knights Athletic Club Bingo set for Nov. 15
- Youthful Knights ready for volleyball season
- More than 70 participate in Surry Volleyball Camp
- School-record seven Surry athletes named All-Academic