Surry’s White slips in National Championship Standings
Surry Community College sophomore Chandler White slipped in the standings Thursday in the NJCAA Division II National Championship after a nightmarish round.
On an unusually chilly day in Scottsboro, Alabama, White fell from a tie for second in the standings to 32nd overall after firing a 12-over-par 82. White was tied for the lead after the first round Tuesday with a 66 and tied for second Wednesday after carding a two-under-par 70, but a triple bogey early in Thursday’s action put White at an early disadvantage he was never able to recover from.
Despite Thursday’s round, White is still just three shots from getting back in the top 20 with a three-day total of 218. Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Phillip Hickam has a three-shot lead for first place with an 11-under-par score of 205 after three rounds. Play concludes Friday.
Women's Softball vs Spartanburg-Methodist College (DH)
Spartanburg, SC – 1:00 PM
Women's Softball vs Brunswick Community College (DH)
Bolivia, NC – 1:00 PM
Women's Softball vs Southeastern Community College (DH)
Whiteville, NC – 12:00 PM
Men's Baseball vs Lenoir-Rhyne University JV
Hickory, NC – 4:00 PM
- Surry FCA spreads holiday cheer to Northern Regional Hospital residents
- Surry hires Gilley as new volleyball coach
- Surry Knights Athletic Club Bingo set for Nov. 15
- Youthful Knights ready for volleyball season
- More than 70 participate in Surry Volleyball Camp
- School-record seven Surry athletes named All-Academic
- Danley wins Surry’s first-ever Gold Glove Award
- Surry’s Marion named All-American