Surry’s White slips in National Championship Standings
Surry Community College sophomore Chandler White slipped in the standings Thursday in the NJCAA Division II National Championship after a nightmarish round.
On an unusually chilly day in Scottsboro, Alabama, White fell from a tie for second in the standings to 32nd overall after firing a 12-over-par 82. White was tied for the lead after the first round Tuesday with a 66 and tied for second Wednesday after carding a two-under-par 70, but a triple bogey early in Thursday’s action put White at an early disadvantage he was never able to recover from.
Despite Thursday’s round, White is still just three shots from getting back in the top 20 with a three-day total of 218. Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College’s Phillip Hickam has a three-shot lead for first place with an 11-under-par score of 205 after three rounds. Play concludes Friday.
- Surry student-athletes excel in the classroom
- Surry places 24 on All-Academic team
- Surry hires Johnson as assistant volleyball coach
- Surry Hosting 2020 Volleyball Camp - Cancelled
- Surry places nine on All-Academic team
- Surry hosting first baseball clinic in five years on March 14, 2020 - Event Cancelled
- Surry FCA spreads holiday cheer to Northern Regional Hospital residents
- Surry hires Gilley as new volleyball coach